I had a bunch of Ball regular mouth Quart and 8oz crystal cut jars left over from our rehearsal dinner and I had been wanting to turn them into a light for our pool table for a while, so here is basically the process I went through. I am trying to be as detailed as possible but I don't have a lot of the actual lengths etc anymore.
| || |
- Wire light socket
- Run cable through threaded nipple
- Screw nipple into light socket
- Using a lug bolt and washer on each side screw the lid securely onto nipple
- Slid screw top ring over lid
- Feed cable through holes on ceiling mounting box
- Mount junction box in ceiling box
- Bring so wires into the junction box and tie together with one cable out to attach to the ceiling electric box
- Attach wooden ceiling box you built to the ceiling and wire up
- Replace middle panel and screw in place putting decorative tacks over screws
- Voila! you are finished!